Five things my patient should know
- Pneumonia is infection of lung parenchyma
- You will experience sudden onset of fever with chills, cough with expectoration, breathlessness, chest pain.
- Do not take medicines from medical shop if you have complaints mentioned above, kindly visit pulmonologist
- Appropriate antibiotics and supportive treatment will be given to you
- If wrongly treated or left untreated it is fatal
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Young age, elderly age group, low immune status.
Ans: it depends upon the severity of pneumonia-
Mild cases – home management
Severe cases – ICU management
Please don’t keep the patient in home if u suspect pneumonia, kindly visit the pulmonologist
Ans: High grade fever with chills, cough with sputum, chest pain etc